Once you have decided on the design and fabric of the curtains, and are sure that the fabric, design, and color of the curtain is perfect for the room. Then the only things that are left to consider are how long, and how wide should your curtains be. Floor length is the ideal choice, but if you have something under your window you can go with short curtains. Measure the width, and check that when the curtains close they are able to cover both ends easily. This is essential when you are buying curtains, as small or large size curtains will ruin the entire look of the space. So browse our curtain shop, and find the best one that fits your requirements.
Types of Curtain fabrics
- Polyester - is a common fabric used in curtains, it is sturdy, durable, and best of all affordable. This fabric is ideal for curtains in your living room or bedroom. These are available in various patterns, colors, and styles.
- Cotton - these curtains offer a versatile option, as they offer both modern and traditional feel. Cotton curtains are a great choice for formal dining rooms, as they drapery well.
- Silk - these drapery well, and are heavy; they offer a romantic and bold look, which is perfect for formal dining rooms and bedrooms.
- Linen - is a billowy fabric, and provides you with a tailored look. These are perfect for casual dining rooms, bedrooms that are airy, and contemporary living areas. The fabric alone does not block the sun, and they drapery well. These curtains are ideal for people who want to have natural light throughout the house.
- Velvet - are best for keeping the cold out, and offer a polished and clean look. They can be used in a traditional living room and bedrooms; and even in the formal dining space.
- Lace - is a light fabric that allows the flow of both natural air and light. If you have a traditional style home, lace curtains will go great in the dining room, or even over the French doors. They can easily be coordinated with any color scheme.